Foundations of Family Engagement, is all about your work with families! Enroll now for a seminar to build your knowledge and skills for effective family engagement.
- Knowledge of the foundations of family engagement
- Collaborative opportunities with other family-facing professionals
- Create an action plan for family engagement
You will also earn 60 Contact Hours, equivalent to 6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Full participation in the seminar schedule is required to progress through the seminar and receive a certificate of completion. We strongly encourage teams of professionals to join together.
The seminar will be delivered in 3 learning blocks through a flipped instructional model. For each block, participants will first individually complete an online module to build their background knowledge related to family engagement. Then, we will meet together in a synchronous online workshop session to apply our knowledge to our work in our own school communities. The process will repeat for the next two learning blocks.
Learning Block 1:
Family Engagement—The Why & the How
- Module 1: Aug. 30 – Sept. 5
- Workshop 1: Sept. 6 from 12:00 – 2:30 PM EST
Learning Block 2:
Power Dynamics and Family Engagement
- Module 2: Sept. 6 – Sept. 12
- Workshop 2: Sept. 13 from 12:00 – 2:30 PM EST
Learning Block 3:
Reframing the Conversation about Family Engagement
- Module 3: Sept. 13 – Sept. 19
- Workshop 3: Sept. 20 from 12:00 – 2:30 PM EST