Gain the knowledge and skills needed to develop an implementation plan for your district aligned with Ohio’s new dyslexia legislation. You will learn alongside and network with other literacy leaders from across Region 1 to plan and create a structured literacy model with a comprehensive assessment system. You will use evidence-based literacy practices and strategies to promote positive outcomes for all learners following the timelines and requirements of Ohio’s dyslexia legislation.
During the 2021-22 school year, you will:
- increase your knowledge in the areas of:
- assessments for Universal & Diagnostic Literacy Screening Measures
- structured literacy instructional approaches across all tiers of instruction for all learners
- structured literacy preventative early intervention
- research & evidence in system development & implementation for professional learning
- complete assignments between sessions to develop a data-rich local action plan that meets the guidelines for Ohio’s dyslexia legislation and addresses local needs
State Support Team Region 1
Presenters: Jackie Jacoby, M.Ed. and Debbie Nagel, M.Ed., SST 1 Consultants
Who Should Attend?
- District & building leaders
- Special education administrators
- Curriculum directors
- Reading specialists & coaches
An administrator is required to attend.
Dates & Registration
|Thursday, September 23||These sessions have ended.|
|Thursday, October 21|
|Thursday, November 11|
|Thursday, December 9|
|Thursday, January 20||9:00 – 11:00 a.m.|
|Thursday, February 17|
|Wednesday, March 16|
|Thursday, April 28|
|Thursday, May 19|
|Thursday, June 16|
Note: An administrator is required to attend with your team.
For registration questions: Lisa Jenkins