2275 Collingwood Blvd.
Research by Dr. Joyce Epstein shows strong partnerships with families and the surrounding community are needed to create healthy schools where students benefit from positive academic gains, physical health, and emotional growth. This research, along with Dr. Epstein’s 6 Keys to School, Family, and Community Partnerships has been incorporated into a framework implemented by the National Network of Partnership Schools (NNPS) to move schools forward in creating a system where educators, families, and community partners work together to address school improvement goals, increasing positive outcomes for all.
This training will take your family and community engagement beyond parent-teacher conferences and volunteer recruitment. Using the NNPS model, learn about the processes needed to build collaboration in support of your school improvement, climate, and culture goals.
NNPS Framework Process
- A district facilitator is identified. This person will work closely with the SST consultant for coaching throughout the process.
- Pilot buildings are chosen.
- Each pilot building forms an Action Team for Partnerships (ATP), consisting of an administrator, teachers, families, and community members.
To create a framework aligned with the NNPS model:
- the District Facilitator will meet monthly with the SST coach for support
- the District Facilitator will meet with each ATP to facilitate meetings
- Building ATPs will meet monthly to create and execute the action plan
- the district and schools will join the National Network for Partnership Schools
- ATP action plans will align with and support school improvement goals
- planned events will align with Joyce Epstein’s 6 Keys to School, Family, and Community Partnerships
Not sure you’re ready to take on the NNPS framework? Attend our NNPS Family Engagement Overview for a preview on September 8.
ESC of Lake Erie West
2275 Collingwood Blvd.
Toledo, OH 43620
State Support Team Region 1
Presenter: Tamie Cruz, M.A., SST 1 Consultant
Who Should Attend?
- Action Teams for Partnerships and District Facilitators
- Note: an administrator is required to attend with the team
Date & Registration*
|Thursday, October 7||8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
Registration closes September 17
* Note: Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, in-person training may be suspended. You will be contacted if your session is modified or canceled. Masks and social distancing are required for in-person meetings.
For content questions: Tamie Cruz
For registration questions: Jill Barnhisel