Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based practice that puts structures in place that help staff determine behavior expectations, teach the expectations directly, and develop positive and negative consequences.
The consistency provided by a PBIS matrix creates a more positive school culture and helps to meet the needs of everyone in a school, including students with disabilities, and subsequently enhances the learning environment.
This PBIS Tier I training will provide participants with the essential elements for introducing and implementing PBIS. Topics covered include:
- exploring school-wide attitudes regarding behavior
- evaluating what is currently in place for behavior intervention
- choosing next steps
- discover why their school/district needs PBIS
- begin to develop a new PBIS matrix (or modify an existing matrix)
- take first steps toward a district-wide discipline referral form
- develop 3-5 expectations
- create an action plan for next steps to full PBIS implementation
State Support Team Region 1
Presenter: Tamie Cruz
Who Should Attend?
- Building and/or district teams, comprised of an administrator and a variety of instructional staff
Dates & Registration
|Wednesday, August 3||8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Wayne Trace High School||This event has ended.|
|Thursday, August 4||8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Wayne Trace High School||This event has ended.|
There will be a 1-hour lunch break each day of the training.
For content questions: Tamie Cruz
For registration questions: Jill Barnhisel