This year-long network was formerly known as the Special Education Administrator meetings.
This year we are opening our network to include curriculum directors, building principals, and others to join special education administrators to help ensure there is a team of people in your district ready to help each student with a disability receive rigorous, evidence-based instruction.
Our October, January, and March sessions will be planned with this broader team in mind, while the remainder of the meetings will continue to focus on the needs of special education administrators (but you are welcome to attend).
Each meeting will include:
- the latest information from the Ohio Department of Education
- opportunities to problem solve and share questions
- deep conversation regarding meeting the needs of special education students
By participating in this network, you will:
- better support students with disabilities in your district
- gain skills and confidence in having tough conversations about changing perceptions and culture around educating students with disabilities
- reduce barriers to increasing outcomes for all students
- learn strategies for collaborating with others in your district to support all students
- receive advice from others in your position based in their own experiences, and share ideas for instruction, solve common problems, and build a network of support
- stay up-to-date on the latest information from the state
State Support Team Region 1
Presenter: Lynn McKahan, M.A., SST 1 Director
Who Should Attend?
- Special Education Administrators
- Curriculum Directors
Dates & Registration
|Tuesday, September 21
Postponed to September 30
|9:30 – 11:30 a.m.||These events have ended.|
|Thursday, October 28|
|Wednesday, December 1
Held as open office hours
|Tuesday, January 25|
|Thursday, February 24||This event has ended.|
|Tuesday, March 22||This event has ended.|
|Wednesday, April 27||Special Education Administrators|
- This is a closed network. If you would like to be included in the meetings, or if you know of a new administrator in Region 1, please contact Michelle Sworden or call 419.720.8999 to be added to the network.
- Administrators are required to attend with their team.
- Contact hours will only be awarded for participation in the live session. No contact hours will be issued for watching the session recording.
For content questions: Lynn McKahan
For registration questions: Lisa Jenkins