The Department wants to ensure that educational agencies, parents and others have access to the revised sections of the Operating Standards for the Education of Children with disabilities. Below you will find the sections of the OAC all of which are in effect as of July 1, 2023 and links to the Ohio Administrative Code which reflect the July 1, 2023 language. This includes the rules with the developmental disabilities expansion language that are currently in the rule revision process which include the following sections: Applicability of requirements and definitions, Child Find, Evaluations and Transportation. These four rules which are currently under the revision process are only under revision as it relates to the developmental delay expansion language in each rule (this means that all other parts of these four rules and their revisions are in effect). Please refer to the developmental delay guidance link for information regarding the developmental delay expansion language (link), along with the four rules that are currently under revision.
- Applicability of requirements and definitions (3301-51-01)
- Free Appropriate Public Education (3301-51-02)
- Child Find (3301-51-03)
- Confidentiality (3301-51-04)
- Procedural Safeguards (3301-51-05)
- Evaluations (3301-51-06)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) (3301-51-07)
- Parentally placed nonpublic school children (3301-51-08)
- Delivery of services (3301-51-09)
- Transportation (3301-51-10)
- Providing instructional material to children with visual impairments and others with print disabilities that are listed for sale by publishers with the superintendent of public instruction (3301-51-21)
The department is currently working to publish the updated Ohio Operating Standards for the Education of Children with Disabilities in a printed format and a PDF format.