Due to high demand, a second virtual informational session for Ohio’s Introduction to Dyslexia K-3 has been added for October 12, 2022 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
In this virtual session hosted by Ohio Literacy Leads Michelle Elia and Carolyn Turner, participants will:
- Build a foundational understanding of critical models in reading science;
- Understand how a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) can meet the literacy instruction needs of all students, including students with dyslexia and other reading difficulties;
- Learn how to access the Introduction to Dyslexia K-3 course in the Learning Management System;
- Discover how the Introduction to Dyslexia K-3 course may meet the professional development requirement in Ohio’s Dyslexia Support Laws; and
- Access additional resources to extend learning and support implementation of concepts presented in the Introduction to Dyslexia K-3 course.
Register for the Oct. 12 session in advance. Please note that space is limited and registration may close when the session is full. A copy of the presentation materials will be available on the Dyslexia Supports webpage after the event. Send questions to Dyslexia@education.ohio.gov.
The Ohio Department of Education is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws. To request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Aleshia McNutt, ADA coordinator, at ADAaccommodation@education.ohio.gov or (614) 387-2200 (voice) no later than 14 days before the event.