The Ohio Department of Education and Workforce is committed to working with schools and districts implementing the literacy requirements in statute. This message provides an update on the high-quality instructional materials literacy lists.
Core Instructional Materials
- The initial list of approved core instructional materials was posted on Jan. 31. This list includes materials for prekindergarten and kindergarten through grade 5 approved under a phase 1 review.
- These materials fully met expectations on EdReports and met the Department’s review criteria.
- The list of core instructional materials that are currently under review for phase 2 was posted on Feb. 9. See that list here.
- These materials met some expectations under EdReports and warrant additional Department review.
- These vendors must submit additional materials for the phase 2 review by Feb. 16.
- The Department anticipates posting the materials approved in phase 2 on March 1.
- If a vendor does not pass phase 2, there will be a two-week appeals process.
- The request for applications for intervention materials for prekindergarten through grade 12 opened Jan. 22.
- Vendors may submit an Intent to Apply by Feb. 22.
- The Program Review Application is due Feb. 29.
- The initial list of approved intervention materials will be posted in April.
Additional information is available on the High-quality Instructional Materials for English Language Arts webpage. Find information about implementation on the High-quality Instructional Materials FAQs webpage.
Please send questions to the Department at ReadOhio@education.ohio.gov.